Monday, July 27, 2009

Sometimes I Miss My Roommates (But Not Much)

Last night was an unexpected really fun night. After doing laundry all day, BF and I decided to go grab dinner at Bar Abilene in Uptown. While walking to the restaurant, we spotted one of BF’s good friends and co-workers out on his balcony, less than a block from Abilene. BF called him just to say we saw him, but then he invited us up to cook dinner with him and his girlfriend, as well as watch some HBO. We agreed.

After an extensive (and expensive) shopping trip to Lunds, and a stop by Rainbow to grab a special stir-fry bowl, we were ready to cook. I was in charge of peeling the carrots, which proved to be harder than I thought minus a peeler. A glass of wine and some sautéing later, we were enjoying really tasty home cooked stir fry, followed by brownies and ice cream.

Midway through the meal, both of BF’s friend’s roommate showed up, also friends of ours. While they didn’t eat, we all chilled on the couches and watched Entourage. Almost like a little family. And a nice break from the usual raucous drunk times we normally have with this group of friends. It almost made me miss my roommates, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment